Wilderness Awareness Online Course Details
ALWAYS EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED AND BE PREPARED FOR IT.
The biggest danger that people face in outdoor survival situations is being unprepared. Accordingly, this online course, which includes interviews with experts on various aspects of outdoor survival, provides information that will assist you to handle most situations that you may encounter in the outdoors when help isn’t just around the corner.
Topics covered include:
- Responding appropriately to encounters with bears, cougars, moose, elk, wolves, or snakes in the wild
- Minimizing and treating bites and stings from wood ticks, mosquitoes, and bees
- Reducing exposure to Lyme disease
- Building emergency shelters in winter and summer months
- Reacting to lightning
- Staying safe around trees during normal and high-wind situations
- Signalling for help
- Making water safe for drinking
- Preventing hypothermia and frostbite
- and many more
Whether you work, hunt, fish, hike, snowmobile, ski, or take part in any other recreational activity in remote areas, this course is for you.
Buy Now Demo Account
For volume discounts, call 1-888-278-8964